Jonah’s Journey at Kirkwood

Last week the entire 6th grade left school for an overnight trip to Camp Kirkwood even though Hurricane Idalia was right around the corner. When we arrived it was already raining a bit because of Idalia but we still managed to enjoy our short but sweet time there.

When we first got there it was already raining so we had to just grab a random bag and run to their pavilion to keep our bags and our bodies from getting soaked. After we put our stuff down we were told instructions to drop our bags off at our cabin and head to the dining hall to have lunch. Lunch was really good and after that we finally got to do activities. At first some people went to the pool and some did team building I got to go to the pool first. After our pool time my group went to do team building which was super fun. One of the many activities we did was that we tried to lower a hula hoop using only our fingers. After that we got to do forest ecology and I know I learned a lot about trees. Then we had a one hour break where we just hung out in our cabins and the pavilion and then we had dinner. To close off the night, we could either watch a movie or play dodge ball but eventually we all had to run inside because there was lightning so we watched The Lorax while enjoying our snow cones. Eventually we had to run back to our cabins so we could get to bed.

The next day it was only sprinkling so we headed to breakfast. After breakfast my group headed to the v swing where you were pulled up by the other kids and then after you detached from the rope you swung back and forth and it was really fun. Then my group went to the kangaroo jump which was kind of a blob mixed with a trampoline that was on land. Then my group finally got to go to the pool again with two other groups. For our last couple of activities, we went to the zipline which was really fun but we only got to do it once and then we got to boat around the lake and watch people go on the zipline. Then we packed up and left. Camp Kirkwood was really fun and I recommend it to everyone and I wish I could go again.

One comment